Wednesday 19 November 2014

HER

''Misplaced feelings, regretful deeds, sordid memories, blatant lies, morbid tastes.''

The past sticks to you like rust to a metal. I try to scrape it off and move on but the foggy road ahead just makes me go round in circles. Every day feels like it was only till yesterday I was caressing her hair, breathing the scent off her neck. The mornings begin with the realization of her absence from my life. Waking up next to her was a total bliss. The curly strands of her hair falling off her shoulders, her mesmerizing eyes gazing upon me drowning me in it's infinitude, her naughty luscious smile made a Utopian world for me. Us wrapped around in those white sheets, her sparkling eyes were the morning sun for me. The gentleness of her ample breasts resting upon me, I could feel her heart beat with every breath of mine. Her whispering in my ears to wake me up was sweeter than best of the nature's melodies.

The day was spent thinking about these moments looking forward to seeing her again. The food fights over dinner, those irrelevant disagreements over the bills, the midnight walks, the late night coffee hangouts and the night long banters in the bed were the most beautiful days of my life. Not a day goes by that the memories of being with her don't cross my mind.

That surreal feeling of completeness never to be witnessed again. I am convinced I shall never feel the same way consciously, again. The mere thought of reliving those moments gives me goosebumps. Well, they say love can strike you several times. But for me, it was a knockout punch. After all, true love is felt only once. I had my moments of truth. She went searching for hers. Who says true love lasts forever? You know it's true only when it's gone. I wish I can redeem myself from this melancholy of emotions. I wish I could relive the old days. Where I was me and she was her!

But all that is not far away. All I need is to close my eyes and she is there for me, forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment